Scholarship Central connects Missouri students and students who live in the St. Louis Metro Illinois counties to financial resources for college. Getting started is easy. Follow the steps below:
How to Use Scholarship Central – Three Easy Steps!
- Click on the blue “Apply Now” button to access the Scholarship Central application site.
- Click on the “Sign Up” button in the top right corner of the application site.
- Enter a valid e-mail address and password to create a secure user profile that will allow you to complete the general application.
- The system will send you an e-mail with a link to confirm your account and password. You must click on that link before you can proceed.
2. Complete the General Application.
- Once you have confirmed your account, login again to Scholarship Central to complete the General Application. This is your profile.
- You will need to upload your most current transcript. If you need help with this, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
- The General Application is the first step – you have not yet applied for any scholarships. See Step 3 below.
3. Scroll through the list and apply for scholarships.
After completing your General Application, click on “opportunities” then “recommended” or “ours” to list scholarships for which you might be eligible. The general application is the first step. You must also apply for specific scholarships or interest-free loan programs. Scholarship Central includes applications to more than 125 local and regional scholarships. Scholarship Central does not automatically apply for scholarships for you; you need to answer the questions for each scholarship to complete your application.
Please note: most scholarships accept applications January through April. Check Scholarship Central frequently to find ones that meet your needs.
You should submit the application as soon as you have answered all the questions. If a recommendation is required and you have entered the name and email address of the recommender, you can submit the application. You do not have to wait for the recommendation to be completed before you submit your application.
Find Even More Scholarships!
In addition to scholarships that students apply for directly on Scholarship Central, the System contains a curated database of “external” scholarship opportunities. We’ve done a lot of the legwork to search across businesses and organizations in our region to find scholarships especially for Missouri and Illinois students. Click here to view and search through the list of external scholarships.
Help us keep our database current by sending us any updates you may have.
Scholarship and Financial Aid Tips
- Start early. Many deadlines are first-come, first-served.
- Make sure you complete your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) early. Applications open October 1st. Click here to link to the FAFSA site: https://fafsa.ed.gov/
- You will need an FSA ID to log into the FAFSA. Here’s a link to the FSA ID set up site: https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/filling-out/fsaid
- Many deadlines have changed. Make sure you know what the financial aid and/or scholarship application deadlines are for the school you are planning to attend.
- To be eligible for most Missouri state financial aid, the your FAFSA should be on file by February 1: http://dhe.mo.gov/ppc/grants/
- Illinois residents who wish to be considered for a MAP grant should submit the FAFSA as soon as possible after October 1st. Funding for the MAP grant is limited; to ensure full-year consideration for an award, an applicant must apply early. Click here for MAP information: https://www.isac.org/isac-gift-assistance-programs/map/applying-for-map/
- If you are a current college student, make sure you complete your FAFSA each year and re-apply for scholarships that are renewable. If you are not sure if a scholarship is renewable, check with the scholarship provider.
St. Louis Graduates Scholarship Fund
In 2012, St. Louis Graduates announced the St. Louis Graduates Scholarship Fund, a pooled fund that allows people in the community to create scholarships for St. Louis area students. Click here for more information about grant awards to students through the St. Louis Graduates Scholarship Fund.